api-ms-win-core-registry-l1-1-0.dll is missing RRS feed

• Question

• I've compiled a relatively simple Direct3D9 program in C++. However, whenever I try to use the Debug runtime, this error pops up. According to all of the references I have found, this DLL is not listed to exist in Windows 7.

I went to Windows Update and installed all the latest updates. Now I have other applications which haven't been touched like Chrome which are reporting the same problem. I've reinstalled Visual Studio to no effect.

Any suggestions?

• Moved by Jesse Jiang Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:00 AM (From:Visual C++ General)
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 8:17 AM

All replies

• Interesting, the closest file I have to that is api-ms-win-core-localregistry-l1-1-0.dll. Well if it is affecting other applications then I would say that this is a Windows problem.

This is a signature

Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

• Edited by Darran Rowe Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:22 AM
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:18 AM
  • The error occurs when I call into Direct3DCreate9, so I'm going to guess that any application which calls this function would yield the same problem.
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 12:55 PM
  • I would suggest you uninstall your DirectX SDK and then make sure that you have the June 2010 version installed. The debug runtime for that version does give the following as the list of dependent symbols:

API-MS-Win-Core-LocalRegistry-L1-1-0.dll
                 180001000 Import Address Table
                 1802A6250 Import Name Table
                         0 time date stamp
                         0 Index of first forwarder reference

18 RegOpenKeyExA
                               1 RegCreateKeyExA
                              24 RegSetValueExA
                               A RegEnumKeyExA
                              1D RegQueryValueExA
                               7 RegDeleteValueA
                               C RegEnumValueA
                              1B RegQueryInfoKeyA
                               0 RegCloseKey

So it could be that you are using an older prerelease version of the SDK and something changed. But that is what I got from the d3d9d.dll on my system.

This is a signature

Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 1:03 PM
  • I just reinstalled the DirectX SDK. I had to screw around with reinstalling the CRT because there's a bug in the June 2010 SDK if you already have VS 2010 SP1 installed.
    Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:35 AM
  • I confirmed that my d3d9d.dll does reference that DLL, and the one from the DX SDK doesn't. Looks like the installation failed anyway. I took the rather ballsy move of simply copying the DLLs from the SDK into the correct system folders and the error is now gone, but I still can't get the D3D9 debug output :(
    Sunday, February 26, 2012 11:53 AM
  • I got the same problem. After read all these answers,I removed the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package version 10.0.40219 (in VS SP1),then Installed DX SDK(2010 June) successfully.But the problem is still there,but changes to" The procedure entry point ResolveDelayLoadedAPI could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll".
    Monday, February 27, 2012 6:45 AM
  • Hi April,

According to your description, I suggest you move to App Hub Forums » DirectX for more helpful information. In Visual C++ General Forum, we only discuss general questions about Visual C++.

Good Luck!
    Helen Zhao.

Helen Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:18 AM
  • Not quite yet. It is part of the Windows SDK starting from the Windows 8 SDK as this says, but that is still in development. So unless you want to recommend that someone install prerelease stuff then I wouldn't suggest it.

The current release SDK, Windows SDK 7.1 doesn't have the DirectX SDK with it, for that you need to have the DirectX SDK June 2010 installed along with it.

This is a signature

Monday, February 27, 2012 1:49 PM
  • Hello,

I think your issue should be raised in the DirectX Forum. I believe they will know more information of this issue than us, and I will move this one to off-topic, Please open a new thread in that forum.

Thanks for your understanding,

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 7:57 AM