PerformancePoint: Drill down control RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need to block a drill down feature at a certain level (I have 7 hierarchy levels and I want the dashboard users to be able to drill down to top 3 only).

Is it possible to achieve for scorecards / charts / grids?

If no, how do I disable ALL drill down on charts? ( I already know how to do it for scorecards and grids).

Thank you in advance!

Lana

Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:52 PM

Answers

• You could create another user-defined hierarchy with just the 3 levels you want the user to use.  In doing so they could still possibly drill down to the other levels if you leave them available.  You might need to setup a perspective in the cube so that you can limit what the user has available in the analytical report and simply create the report off the perspective.

To disable the drill down features you can simply modify the MDX just like you do with the grids.

Dan English's BI Blog

• Marked as answer by Lana R Monday, September 17, 2012 12:56 PM
    Monday, September 17, 2012 10:18 AM

All replies

• You could create another user-defined hierarchy with just the 3 levels you want the user to use.  In doing so they could still possibly drill down to the other levels if you leave them available.  You might need to setup a perspective in the cube so that you can limit what the user has available in the analytical report and simply create the report off the perspective.

To disable the drill down features you can simply modify the MDX just like you do with the grids.

Dan English's BI Blog

• Marked as answer by Lana R Monday, September 17, 2012 12:56 PM
    Monday, September 17, 2012 10:18 AM
  • Thank you Dan !
    Monday, September 17, 2012 12:57 PM