How to Attach Files with Notification Services' Email Delivery Channel RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Does anyone know if Notification Services 2000 or 2005 supports File Attachments?

If so, Is there any sample source code available to implement this?

I have searched the documentation, Microsoft site, Internet, TechNet, etc. and cannot find any information that answers my questions.  I greatly appreciate if anyone can help point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Mike Card

MCSD

Friday, November 30, 2007 6:07 PM

Answers

• The built-in SMTP delivery protocol does not support sending attachments. However, you can easily create your own custom delivery protocol that includes features not included in the supplied protocol, such as attachments.

Shyam Pather's book on SSNS provides some good info on this.

HTH...

Joe

Monday, December 3, 2007 1:39 PM

All replies

• The built-in SMTP delivery protocol does not support sending attachments. However, you can easily create your own custom delivery protocol that includes features not included in the supplied protocol, such as attachments.

Shyam Pather's book on SSNS provides some good info on this.

HTH...

Joe

Monday, December 3, 2007 1:39 PM
  • Joe,

Thanks much for the information.  I have ordered the book (SSNS by Shyam Pather) today, 12/3/2007. 

I will add more information to this Forum message to help other developers once I learn more from the book.

Thanks again,

Mike

Monday, December 3, 2007 4:16 PM
  • Hello

I came through your answers right now. But I am struggling to send sms.

Can you redirect me to some walkthrough websites please

Regards

skrcmr

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 3:37 PM
  • I would definitely recommend getting Shyam's book. At 700+ pages, it's a book that I use as a reference more than a cover to cover read. But if you working with SSNS, it's all but essential in your collection.

For the api gateway, do a quick google for companies that have this service available.  I did and found this one. http://smseverywhere.com/. I've never worked with them so I'm not endorsing them; they are just they first link on Google that looked promising. Here's another. http://www.ipipi.com/corporate/api.htm.

HTH...

Joe

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 1:22 PM