none
Should I convert the outputs into xml string? (OSC Provider development) RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I am using the OSC sample template to develop an OSC Provider. So I need to convert the outputs (from the social networking site) into xml string? And also the tags and format need to match the defined schema? Just wanna make sure I am on the right way....please help. Thanks!

Best,

Yulan

Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Yulan,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'll consult my colleague on your issue. You'll be informed if there's any update.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 1, 2013 12:20 PM
  • Hi Yulan,

Yes, the Microsoft Outlook Social Connector (OSC) provider XML schema defines the format of a significant amount of information that is passed from a social network through the network’s OSC provider to the OSC. The XML schema allows an OSC provider to specify capabilities of the provider, friends, and activity feed items on the social network, by using the three main elements, capabilities, friends, and activityFeed, and their child elements. The OSC provider implements interfaces and their methods in the OSC provider extensibility, returning XML strings as output parameters that comply with the OSC provider XML schema.

Please see for more details:

Developing a Provider with the OSC XML Schema
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff759377(v=office.14).aspx   

Regards,

Shailesh G. Rajput

Saturday, April 20, 2013 12:08 AM