none
How to get location of next interesction? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Developers,

I am wondering if using Bing's Route API, there was any easy way to access the next intersection the user would experience.
    Currently, the idea would be to traverse a node of some sort along a road, checking to the left and right with GPS coordinates to see if there is a route to the left or right, with a different street name than the current one.  This would be a lot of tedious background work just to see where the location of the next intersection is.

So I'm looking for a way to solve this.  One possibility would be by putting a random route in the direction of travel, and seeing the first destination of the first leg (BUT this only works if there is a way to see every intersection you go through using the legs information that's returned, being even those in which the user drives straight through).

If there are any alternatives that people can think of, please let me know your ideas. 

Thanks so much,

Ryan Shumaker

Saturday, April 26, 2014 1:40 PM

Answers

• There is no easy solution for this. You would need to make a number of different calls to the reverse geocoding and routing service to figure this out and even though there would be a large margin for error.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Sunday, April 27, 2014 4:11 PM