none
Another DevStorage bug

    Question

  • I just spent a few minutes debugging an error from development storage. Thought I'd write it up here in case someone else hits it.

    I created a new table, and a new entity to put in it. Every time I tried to insert the entity I'd get back a 500 Internal Server Error from development storage, with no more explanation.

    It turns out that if one of the entity field names is the same as the table name, it causes a 500 error. eg, if I have a table called "MyData", and I try to insert an entity which has a field called "MyData", it fails every time. It seems to work fine in real storage though.

    It would be nice if they could fix some of these devstorage bugs. We develop and unit test against devstorage, so even though devstorage bugs are not production bugs I still have to debug them and write workarounds for them.

     

    Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:44 PM

Answers

  • Thanks for reporting this. I'll flag it for the storage team and make sure they have a bug filed.
    • Marked as answer by Brian Reischl Friday, September 23, 2011 2:55 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 9:38 AM

All replies

  • Thanks for reporting this. I'll flag it for the storage team and make sure they have a bug filed.
    • Marked as answer by Brian Reischl Friday, September 23, 2011 2:55 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 9:38 AM
  • Thanks Steve, it's good to know you guys are keeping an eye on the forums. Tell the team to keep up the good work - despite the few bugs you're building some great stuff here.

    Friday, September 23, 2011 2:55 PM