none
Sharepoint Designer 2013: Approval Workflow - prevent documents from being uploaded

Question

• Dear all,

I want to set up following approval workflow on a SharePoint site (via SharePoint Designer 2013):

A User uploads a document, what launches the workflow. However, until the document is approved, no one else (except the approvers and/or admins) should be able to view this document. In case of rejection, the document is to be deleted.

I tried to use "Start a task process" whenever a new document is uploaded, but the approvers are only able to change the uploaded file's status; in case of rejection, the file is still available for other users with status "Rejected".

I am grateful for any ideas on how to implement this.

Thank you in advance, kind regards,

Leon

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 9:43 AM

All replies

• Use SharePoint Designer Workflow(2010 Platform type) to achieve your requirement.

1. Follow below link to set item level permission for item

Set Item Level Permission

2. Assign task to approver by using "Start Approval Process".

3. Get Outcome of the "Start Approval Process" if its approved, use Step 1 to re setup item level permission for all user. In case Rejected Use "Delete Item" action to delete that particular item from library.

• Edited by Dillibabub Wednesday, April 12, 2017 10:11 AM
    • Proposed as answer by croute1 Wednesday, April 12, 2017 12:56 PM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 10:08 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

You can share your own solution here and mark it as answer if it had been solved, so it may help others who has similar requirement.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 10:26 AM