Silverilght template for Visual Studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've written some Silverilght library and want to create VS2010 template project. My issue due to referencing Silverlight assembly from project template. Actually I have two ways - placing Silverlight assembly to GAC (to referencing it from project) or placing Silverlight assembly into project template.

1) When I installed assembly to GAC I can't see it at "Add reference" window.

2) When I place Silverlight assembly to project template its ignored by Visual Studio and I have bad reference for all new project (which based on my template).

I need true way how I can share some libaries with my new Silverlight project template for Visual Studio 2010. Any suggestions?

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:24 PM

Answers

• You shouldn't be adding Silverlight assemblies to the gac (these are not .NET assemblies and have no reason to be in there). If you want Visual Studio to automatically pick up the assembly, add the following registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v4.0\AssemblyFoldersEx\My API]
    @="c:\\Path\\To\\My\\Assemblies"

(remove the Wow6432Node\ part if you are on a 32bit system)

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:30 AM

All replies

• You shouldn't be adding Silverlight assemblies to the gac (these are not .NET assemblies and have no reason to be in there). If you want Visual Studio to automatically pick up the assembly, add the following registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v4.0\AssemblyFoldersEx\My API]
    @="c:\\Path\\To\\My\\Assemblies"

(remove the Wow6432Node\ part if you are on a 32bit system)

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:30 AM
  • Thank you. It's useful for me.

Friday, June 25, 2010 12:51 PM