WP7 Live Skydrive SignInButton - policy does ignore scopes? RRS feed

• Question

• I'v written an app for Windows Phone 7(.5) which is using the SkyDrive API.

To connect to SkyDrive I got a page with a live:SignInButton on it. For the Scopes I use the following parameters:

"wl.signin wl.skydrive wl.skydrive_update"

But the policy dialog the user is shown states I want to access gender, profile picture, contacts, friends and more.

This is very annoying, how do I get the policy message to reflect the scopes I'm using?

• Edited by Sam Jost Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:44 AM Editor sucks
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:43 AM

Answers

• Have you asked for additional scopes in the past for the same user and for that same client ID? That might be causing your issue here.

I would recommend going to https://consent.live.com signed in as that user, revoke all access to that client ID, and then try running your app again. Or, try running your app signed in as a totally different user who has never consented for that client ID. Then see if you're asked to consent to scopes that you didn't expect to here.

Paul
    Live Connect developer documentation team

• Marked as answer by Sam Jost Friday, June 15, 2012 10:30 AM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:34 PM

All replies

• Have you asked for additional scopes in the past for the same user and for that same client ID? That might be causing your issue here.

I would recommend going to https://consent.live.com signed in as that user, revoke all access to that client ID, and then try running your app again. Or, try running your app signed in as a totally different user who has never consented for that client ID. Then see if you're asked to consent to scopes that you didn't expect to here.

Paul
    Live Connect developer documentation team

• Marked as answer by Sam Jost Friday, June 15, 2012 10:30 AM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:34 PM
  • LINK doesn't work
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:19 PM