none
Customise Voting Buttons on Outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi am trying to do something on outlook and finding it difficult. Can someone tell me how do I

A) Create a automatic email after a user has responded to the voting buttons. So for example yes/no is the answer. No will be ok no action required, but if they vote Yes then I want a automatic email to go out and ask another question.

Or

B) I want to use Kutools checkbox to populate all the information so all they do is reply via email and tick which is applicable.

I want scenario A to work as this is the most effective.

Please can someone help me on this.

Thanks

Thursday, June 8, 2017 6:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Ren,

Based on my knowledge, there is no build-in settings in Outlook to meet your requirement.

To get more suggestion, I would move the thread to Outlook for Developers forum to confirm if any VBA codes can do something for it. Hope you can find the solution there :)

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 9, 2017 8:30 AM
  • Hello,

Outlook would send a mail when users give responses. If you want to customize the mail body, you may handle Application.ItemSend Event (Outlook).

Check the MailItem.VotingResponse Property (Outlook), if it is "No", then cancel the event. If it is "Yes", then customize the mail body.

Here is a sample using VBA. You may create an VSTO add-in for Outlook and publish to your users. For more information about VSTO add-ins, please visit Walkthrough: Creating Your First VSTO Add-In for Outlook & Outlook Solutions

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
    Dim myItem As Outlook.MailItem
    If TypeOf Item Is Outlook.MailItem Then
    Set myItem = Item
    If myItem.VotingResponse = "No" Then
    Cancel = True
    MsgBox "ItemSend has been cancelled"
    Else
    myItem.Body = "The body has been changed"
    End If
    End If
    End Sub

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 12, 2017 6:42 AM
  • Thank you Winnie.
    Monday, June 12, 2017 10:06 PM
  • Hi Celeste, Thank you for your advise on this, I think is exactly what am looking for but struggling to work it out. As outlook is run on a shared network i don't have the full access to make any changes.

Are you able to advise where on outlook i can create a VSTO?

thanks

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 12:02 AM
  • Hello,

To get started, please visit Create VSTO Add-ins for Office by using Visual Studio & Walkthrough: Creating Your First VSTO Add-In for Outlook

You could create an VB.NET project and its code is similar to VBA.

You could put the code below into ThisAddIn.vb.

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal item As MailItem, ByRef Cancel As Boolean) Handles Application.ItemSend
            If TypeOf item Is Outlook.MailItem Then
                Dim myItem As Outlook.MailItem =
                            TryCast(item, Outlook.MailItem)
                If myItem.VotingResponse = "No" Then
                    Cancel = True
                    MsgBox("ItemSend has been cancelled")
                Else
                    myItem.Body = "The body has been changed"
                End If
            End If
        End Sub

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 2:38 AM
  • Hi Celeste.

can we have telephone communication? This process isn't working for me.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 4:02 AM
  • Hello,

What error do you get?

If you want to get telephone support, please visit Contact us

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 7:49 AM