Not able to access Azure Active Directory: Access denied RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a new account on portal.azure.com. When going to Azure Active Directory tab in account I am getting this error- Access denied You do not have access Looks like you don't have access to this content. To get access, please contact the owner.
    Tuesday, August 7, 2018 12:40 AM

All replies

• You may check for the Administration portal access settings under User Settings in Azure AD. If you have set restrict access to Azure AD administrator portal to YES, then all non-admin users won’t be able to access any Azure AD data in administration portal but this setting doesn’t restrict the same access via PowerShell or another client.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

• Proposed as answer by Ajay Kadam Tuesday, August 7, 2018 5:26 AM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2018 5:26 AM
  • Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. If that answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. If you have any further query, then do let us know.

Thursday, August 9, 2018 11:37 AM
  • I'm having a similar problem to the one as described above, but I can't even access the User Settings screen. I get an "access denied, you do not have access" message there as well. I just created the account. There is no "company" or user structure. I should be the admin, right? Who could the admin possibly be?
    Friday, February 22, 2019 10:04 PM
  • Hello txbx,

Ideally the account with which you signed up for the tenant(something.onmicrosoft.com) will have the Global administrator permissions. This will either be a work account or your personal MS account(outlook/live). Using this account  

Can you confirm if the account facing the issue is  the account which was used to create the tenant or if you created a new account ?

Ref: Create a tenant and add a user 

Monday, February 25, 2019 10:15 AM