Windows 2008 R2 - The 'DB2OLEDB' provider is not registered on the local machine. RRS feed

• Question

• User301833312 posted

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if someone could help point me in the right direction of what I'm missing to solve this issue.

I'm getting the above error when I try to open a connection to an AS400 / IBM iSeries. The IIS environment is a 64 bit machine Windows 2008r2. I've set the application pool to the right .Net environment for my application (2.0) and turned on 32 bit apps allowed in the pool.

I've been searching the forums and google in general for something similar to this, but not finding anything. Downloading installers from Microsoft "DB2OLEDB.exe", two versions I found so far are an 8 Meg and a 16 Meg installer all fail because this is not on the same machine as a SQL Server 2005 or greater (and they even fail when I try to install them just for kicks on a server with SQL Server 2008 R2).

At this point I'm lost and don't know what else to try. Can someone help point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

- Patrick

Friday, April 26, 2013 2:06 PM

All replies

• User-359936451 posted

Your question is very vague. I think you have a dev PC and are trying to connect to database whose version is 2008 R2 running on an IBM AS400.

I thought DB2OLEDB.exe is a specific to IBM databases and not MS SQL 2008 R2. Unless you are referring to an OLE Db driver to use to connect to the database. maybe that what you mean.

At any rate, try thing link for the correct connection string once you understand from where and to what you are trying to connect.

http://www.connectionstrings.com/

Friday, April 8, 2016 1:03 PM