none
MQSC Adapter Stop On Error to Yes Enable Failed Message Routing is not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

BizTalk MQSC Adapter property Stop On Error is set to Yes and the receive port Failed Message Routing is enabled at Receive Port level.

But failed message routing is not working when Stop on Error is set to Yes.

Could any one suggest why failed message routing is not working or is there any work around for this.

Regards
    Smithesh

• Moved by Ben Cline1Moderator Sunday, October 31, 2010 2:51 PM related to adapters (From:BizTalk Server General)
    Friday, October 29, 2010 8:44 AM

All replies

• Error handling is specified by an orchestration or send-port subscription whose filter matches the properties that have been promoted to the message context of the error message. You can check Using Failed Message Routing on MSDN and see the promoted properties and then set filters on subscribers (Orchestrations/send ports).

Check Using Filters to Receive Messages on MSDN to use filters.

Abdul Rafay - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://abdulrafaysbiztalk.wordpress.com/
    Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.
    Friday, October 29, 2010 11:03 AM
  • Hi Abdul,
    I saw this doc. But with MQSC adapter stop on error property to YES, Failed message routing is not working.
    Regards
    Smithesh

Friday, October 29, 2010 1:53 PM
  • Hi,

When Stop on Error is set Yes the transaction and disables the receive location if there is an error. My thinking is although I have no experience with MQSC Adapter that when error occurs is not a failed message routing error (i.e. is not classified as such). I suggest reading through ErrorHandling section on MSDN.

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Sunday, October 31, 2010 10:46 AM
  • Hi,

You still have this problem? Thanks.

Sriram N
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 6:37 PM
  • Yes SriRam,

I am still facing this issue by setting the following properties in MQSC Adapter.

Stop On Error to Yes: Failed Message Routing not happening

Tried setting Stop On Error to Yes and Suspended as Resumable to Yes: Failed Message Routing not happening.

My Filter for subscribing the failed message is (ErrorReport.ErrorType == "FailedMessage")

Did anybody experince the same behavior.

Regards
    Smithesh

Friday, November 5, 2010 6:31 AM
  • Hey Smith,

How are you causing the failure to test failed message routing? Thanks.

Sriram N
    Monday, November 8, 2010 9:28 PM
  • Hi Sriram,
    I am sending the corrupted messages and making them failed in Receive Pipeline. My Receive pipeline is a custom pipeline component.
    What I could observer when Stop on Error = yes is the message processing is not complete in the receive pipeline.
    I enabled the tracking and saw the compelted instance, what status its shows is as "Started". Thus the receive port activity is not complete and failed message is not generated.
    And if i change the stop on error to No, the failed message is generated and activity of receive pipeline is with Status= Completed.
    Regards
    Smithesh

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 2:05 AM
  • Have you ever tried setting "Enable routing for failed messages = yes" and "Stop on Error = no"?

I assume that the engine will just stop processing if an error occurs but not reroute this as a failed message. Maybe this only works if stop on error is disabled.

If you like my post or consider it as a valid answer, please use the buttons to show me - Oliver

http://pi.hauth.me

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 9:32 AM
  • Yes Oliver, I set Enable Failed Message Routing to Yes and STOP on Error to No and failed message is generating
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 11:49 AM
  • I noticed that when an exception occurs the receive location is disabled and the failed message is not published. When you enable the receive location again then the message gets published and the routing works.

I think when stop on error is enabled, the failed message is created but not published.

Thanks.

Sriram N
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 5:35 PM
  • Hi Sriram,
    When STOP on ERROR = YES, the message will still remain in MQ Queue, so even though u enable again the receive location, failed message routing will not work.

I think this is the default behavior of MQ Adapter though not documented.
    Regards

Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:22 AM