User input parameter for External Content Type list RRS feed

• Question

• I call a stored procedure with input parameter (say @name) from my custom SQL external content type list. The stored procedure needs end user key in the name and return values. Is that a way to create user input box and then load the SharePoint list?

I tried to add a filter to my input parameter from SharePoint Designer, but still can not have user input box generated.

Thank You!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please take a look at this article A step by step guide in designing BCS entities by using a SQL stored procedure

In this article you may find how to design a SharePoint BCS entity from a SQL stored procedure that takes some inputs and returns a list of records.

Dmitry

Lightning Tools LogoLightning Tools Check out our SharePoint tools and web parts | Lightning Tools Blog

• Proposed as answer by Emir Liu Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, August 24, 2012 2:31 AM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

External List only allows to set a value by the view modification. If you want to change filter value in the External List you should go to "List" tab on the ribbon->"Modify View"->Scroll down to the "Data Source Filters" section->Enter the values for your filters->Click "OK". You may create as many views as you want with different values of the filters for your External List in SharePoint Foundation.

Take a look at my example with one wildcard filter for the "CompanyName" column in the ECT.

Dmitry

Lightning Tools LogoLightning Tools Check out our SharePoint tools and web parts | Lightning Tools Blog

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, August 24, 2012 2:31 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 11:26 AM

All replies