device provision and send data to cloud RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to IoT development. i have to connect devices used in automobiles industry to IoT/Azure cloud. pls guide what services are required, how i could i connect device or make device IOT enable.

What device information should i ask. what if device is old one than how can we make IOT enable.

pls guide thanks.

iffi

Monday, July 2, 2018 5:36 AM

All replies

• Hello imughal,

For just connecting and provisioning, you need Azure IoT Hub. It can connect, manage devices and allow device send messages to cloud and it can send messages to device.

Azure IoT Hub can integrate with other services to build complete, end-to-end solution.

There are two sample solution maybe helpful:

One is MyDriving IoT sample application. It uses a wide range of Azure services like IoT Hub, Event Hub Stream Analytics, App Service etc. It can collect, process and analyze car telemetry data from OBD devices.

Another is using Azure IoT accelerator(Azure IoT Suite) to collect information like driving speed and location and send to cloud to process and operate on. It uses IoT Hub, Stream Analytics, Blob storage, Service Bus etc.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 2, 2018 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks. what information should i have related to device to connect device to IoT hub. What information should i collect or ask for device.

Thanks.

iffi

Monday, July 2, 2018 8:11 AM
  • Hello imughal,

>>>what information should i have related to device to connect device to IoT hub

You need get the device connection string. You can retrieve it from Azure portal after creating an Azure IoT Hub and register a device. Set your device connection string in this sample you can send messages to azure iot hub.

>>>What information should i collect or ask for device.

It depends what you need and what device can provide. For example, there is an device with an temperature sensor, so it can send temperature data to azure iot hub.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 2, 2018 9:42 AM