none
Reference.cs generated from wsdl file in VS2005 doesnt now include begin/end for asynchronous programming, possible Microsoft.VSDesigner version problem RRS feed

• Question

• Using my old XP laptop with VS2005, I add the web reference from http://api.betdaq.com/v2.0/API.wsdl and all the methods for asynchronous programming (e.g. public System.IAsyncResult BeginXXX with the corresponding EndXXX) are automatically generated.  The header states "This source code was auto-generated by Microsoft.VSDesigner, Version 2.0.50727.3603"

With my new Windows 7 laptop, but also with VS2005, if I add the same web reference, none of the methods for asynchronous programming are generated, although everything else is identical.  The header states "This source code was auto-generated by Microsoft.VSDesigner, Version 2.0.50727.4927"

How can I get my new laptop to work properly and generate the begin/end methods for asynchronous programming?  I can't find anything about this problem anywhere, so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Thx vm, Paul

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 7:54 PM

Answers

• Open the Microsoft.Common.targets file in the folder of your target .Net framework version and check the value of WebReference_EnableLegacyEventingModel.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by Stochastically Wednesday, January 27, 2010 6:21 PM
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:23 PM

All replies