none
ReportViewer Table - tablix ‘Tablix4’ has a detail member with inner members. Detail members can only contain static inner members RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having an issue using the reportviewer table control.

I have a list of objects set as a data source for the reportviewer. (e.g. CurrentMedication)

I can display the first row of the dataset if I use a textbox so I know the data is there, the problem is when I try to use a table to get all the rows to display.

The error is - tablix ‘Tablix4’ has a detail member with inner members. Detail members can only contain static inner members.

I have tried a few solutions via google but nothing seems to work.

I would really appreciate some help with this.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Monday, July 23, 2012 9:34 AM

All replies

• Hi, Mark 

It's been over 2 years since the publication of the issue, but it may be useful to someone else ... 

I also encountered a similar problem and found a solution: 

This error comes from the fact that the grouping is not defined in the object which is tablih4, in this example this is list.

To add grouping to container of 'Tablix4' click on the container and click right click on the border of row or column - there will be property "Add Group" -> Row Group -> Parent Group. Choose from combobox the property that will changed in the list in each stage (cell). For example: you want order cars in list by year, so the Year property will be Parent Group of the list (container).

After You declare It - the exception will disapear

Hope that you found the solution before 2 years

Dima

Thursday, October 2, 2014 5:47 PM