none
BUILD: [01:0000000187:ERRORE] C:\WINCE600\platform\TI_EVM_3530\src\inc\bsp.h(26) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'oal.h': No such file or directory RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I have just installed the TI_EVM_3530 BSP,  it runs, it is visible on
    VS2005, I can open the prebuilt solution, I also can create a new
    project with this BSP.

Still, I have 2 problems:

The first one is that in the catalog items view, in the tree, at
    "third party", it opens on BSP and PowerVR. If I expand BSP, I can see
    my BSP "TI_EVM_3530" that is checked, but from it, nothing is
    expandable (i.e it is the end of the tree, there is no "+", instead of
    opening on the device drivers...).

The second problem, is when I decided to build my OS anyway, despite
    the first issue, and then, I get the fatal error as shown in the title
    of this post: "BUILD: [01:0000000187:ERRORE] C:\WINCE600\platform
    \TI_EVM_3530\src\inc\bsp.h(26) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
    include file: 'oal.h': No such file or directory"

The OAL.h seems to be missing, and I can't understand why since I have
    installed the BSP as it is.

Maybe the 2 issues are linked together, I really dont know (I don't
    think it is since I have the same issue of the non expandability with
    other BSPs, but I can build them with no problem).
    If anyone is able to help me, it will be welcome....!!  :-)))))

Sincerely,

Nathaniel

Monday, October 4, 2010 2:08 PM

All replies

• 1. Check the Catalog\<name>.pbcxml file to see if it contains anything more.  It may not.

2. The INCLUDES path isn't correct.  If we assume that the BSP is good, then the first thing that comes to mind is that you might have a DIRS file in your C:\WINCE600\Platform folder.  You shouldn't have one there.  The next thing that comes to mind is that you deleted OAL.h from Platform\Common.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Monday, October 4, 2010 2:23 PM
  • Hi

The next thing that comes to mind is that you deleted OAL.h from Platform\Common.

I also have the same problem, oal.h is missing. I created a new partition, installed XP, visual studio 2005, Windows CE 6 R3 and TI’s BSP. Tried to build and received the missing oal.h error, oal.h was never installed at all.

I have no idea how to get hold of the missing file or files.

Bill.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 3:38 PM
  • Hi Bruce, The same problem I am facing with AM/DM37x platform for WEC7 environment.  I used the existing supported BSPs for OMAP3530 family provided during WEC7 installation.  The build was successful on this case.  But I am unable to boot the device through SD card.

Then, I downloaded the actual BSPs from Adeneo site and I am facing the issue that oal.h file was not found.  Actually TI is recommending to use the BSPs download from Adeneo instead of which comes built-in with WEC7.  I checked the dirs file in C:\WINCE700\platfrom folder and it presents and I simply deleted it as stated by you.  Also, I couldn't see oal.h file in platform\common folder either.  Can you please guide me where the dirs file should be present (and what content should it has) and how to get the oal.h file to complete the build successfully.

Once I remove that dirs file then, I could see the following build msgs.

C:\WINCE700\build.log(32370) :   Error: Could not find file 'C:\WINCE700\OSDesigns\OSDesign5\OSDesign5\RelDir\EVM_OMAP3530_ARMV7_Checked\oal.exe' on disk {log="C:\WINCE700\build.log(32370)"}
    C:\WINCE700\build.log(32373) :   Error: failed setting line {log="C:\WINCE700\build.log(32373)"}
    C:\WINCE700\public\common\oak\misc\makeimg.proj(688,5): error MSB3073: The command "romimage C:\WINCE700\OSDesigns\OSDesign5\OSDesign5\RelDir\EVM_OMAP3530_ARMV7_Checked\ce.bib  " exited with code 1. {log="C:\WINCE700\build.log(32374)"}
      C:\WINCE700\public\common\oak\misc\makeimg.proj(688,5): error MSB3073: The command "romimage C:\WINCE700\OSDesigns\OSDesign5\OSDesign5\RelDir\EVM_OMAP3530_ARMV7_Checked\ce.bib  " exited with code 1. {log="C:\WINCE700\build.log(32381)"}
    BLDDEMO: ERROR: Error(s) in makeimg phase. See C:\WINCE700\build.log for details. {log="C:\WINCE700\build.log(32388)"}
    BLDDEMO: BUILDMSG: BldDemo ended at 17:16:00.94 on Tue 07/07/2015 (exit code 1)
    BuildLogs: BUILDMSG: Exiting: BldDemo1.bat  -q (result code 1).
    BuildLogs: BUILDMSG: C:\WINCE700\build.log
    BuildLogs: BUILDMSG: C:\WINCE700\build.out
    BuildLogs: BUILDMSG: C:\WINCE700\build.wrn
    BuildLogs: BUILDMSG: C:\WINCE700\build.err

Please help to resolve this build errors.

Thanks and Regards,

Karthick

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 11:46 AM
  • Hi,

Do you see oal.h file in this folder? 

:\WINCE700\platform\common\src\inc

It should be there by default. If no then some installation issues. If its there and still its throwing error then you can try to rebuild the BSP unless there is no INCLUDES path changes.

Regards,

Seeth

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 12:28 PM
  • Hi Karthick,

From your error log, it seems that the error is not because of oal.h file. But it is because it is not getting oal.exe file while makeimg phase.

Did you try to build in release mode? The log shows checked mode.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 1:52 PM
  • Hi Nathaniel

Has this been resolved?

Regards,

Adeneo Support team

• Edited by Witekio Tuesday, January 26, 2016 5:55 PM
    Tuesday, January 26, 2016 5:50 PM