none
Problems with VS2008 Beta RRS feed

• General discussion

• After spending 5 hours downloading the beta of VS2008 professional, I was disappointed to find that it wouldn't install.

I burned the img file to a disk, then launched autorun. Windows Vista asked if the installation was successful, even before it had begun, and suggested running it in compatibility mode, so I did. Nothing happened.

So I opened up the DVD in windows explorer and ran setup.exe as an administrator. It briefly popped up with a command prompt but before I could read what it said it closed again.

Can anyone suggest what the problem is and how I can fix it?

My OS is a clean install (installed yesterday) of Windows Vista Home Premium

I have VB, VC, VC#, and VWD 2005 express editions installed.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 3:42 PM

All replies

• we need the logs to investigate the issue. can you please send the logs starting with dd_*.* from temp folder to manishak@microsoft.com

Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:36 PM
  • Hi robinjam,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.  

Thank you!

Monday, October 22, 2007 3:34 AM