Assets: Set Destination CloudBlobContainer? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there is a way to set the destination CloudBlobContainer for uploaded / encoded media?

As it stands now, each asset is placed inside a CloudBlobContainer named something like "asset-b8e25e69-3d62-47fe-a625-1dd79ffb56c0". Is there any way to change this?

The reason I'd like to change it is because we already have a directory structure set up where each user has their own CloudBlobContainer named after their account, and their files are stored in their CloudBlobContainer. I'm wondering if it would be possible to set the output directory so that if user ZenkeiRich uploaded a movie that movie's assets would be stored under ZenkeiRich/media/movies/movieId/.

Or maybe it would be better to create a new Azure Storage Account just for the Azure Media Services?

Thanks for any advice,

ZenkeiRich

• Edited by ZenkeiRich Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:21 AM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:21 AM

Answers

• There's not a way currently to change the directory structure.  The container name is directly associated with the asset.  It would probably be best to use separate storage accounts if you need a particular directory structure.
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 3:48 PM