exe stopped working in Windows7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , I am doing porting from visual Studio 2005 to Visual Studio 2010.I have my source code written in Visual C++.I ported a unit test project which tests a particular component, it works fine with windows XP.But when i tried executing the same in Windows7,i get error message saying 'unittest.exe has stopped working'.can anyone help me to fix this problem?

Thanks.

• Moved by Rob Pan Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:32 AM for better support (From:Visual C++ General)
    Saturday, August 6, 2011 2:58 PM

All replies

• Try to right-click .exe file and select "Run As Administrator".
    Saturday, August 6, 2011 3:11 PM
  • I tried "Run As Administrator" option but still getting the same problem.
    Monday, August 8, 2011 5:18 AM
  • Take the crash dump and analyze that for the issue. There can be several areas due to which this problem can occur. A blind shot is; just look for buffer over run, invalid buffer. I hope this will solve your issue otherwise debug the code and see where the problem is? Once you identify the problem area and need any help revert with the code snippet I believe you will get the answer.

Thanks.

Haider.

Monday, August 8, 2011 8:48 AM
  • I'd recommend debugging your executable when it runs on Windows 7. If your Windows 7 and Windows XP PC are on the same network you can remote debug your application. You need only to install the remote debug stuff and than yo uare able to bebug the application on your W7 machine without installing VS2010.
    Monday, August 8, 2011 8:53 AM
  • I took crash dump and analysed. It is showing exception information as 'The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access'. I am trying to find the exact occurrence of this access violation in my code.
    Monday, August 8, 2011 9:44 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, it seems that your thread is about Visual Stuido Team System. So I will move it to the correct forum. Thanks fory your understanding.

Best Regards,

Rob

Rob Pan [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:32 AM