[Blend for VS] Memory game sample project - default.html - error opening in th edesigner

Question

• I have downloaded the "Blend for Visual Studio memory game sample project". When double clicked the default.html to open it in the design view, I got the error an exception was thrown as:

COMException: Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE))

Stack Trace:

at Microsoft.Expression.WebPlatform.Interop.WebHostProxy.Create(WwaClientHost wwaClientHost, IAppActivator appActivator, String baseUrl, String domMutationEventName, String runtimeErrorsEventName)
       at Microsoft.Expression.WebPlatform.InstanceBuilders.HtmlInstanceManager.EnsureWebHostProxy(Boolean shouldRestartProxy)

What is this error? How do I remedy it?

-- ThanQ... *** Think Solutions, The Right Ones ***

Sunday, April 08, 2012 7:56 PM

All replies

• Hi ThanQ,

have you tried the suggestions by JonHilde in the QandA section of that sample?

I had to fix up the WinJS references to make this work. IT appears the sample is referencing a newer version of the library than what gets installed with VS Express. 1)In Visual Studio Express, open the solution, delete the reference to the "Microsoft Windows Library for JavaScript SDK". Then, re-add it. It should be version 0.6. 2)Then, modify default.html to point to the correct js. Change the existing entries to the following: <!-- WinJS references --> <link href="//Microsoft.WinJS.0.6/css/ui-dark.css" rel="stylesheet"> <script src="//Microsoft.WinJS.0.6/js/base.js"></script> <script src="//Microsoft.WinJS.0.6/js/ui.js"></script> hope that helps.

much appreciated,

mike

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:35 PM