Infopath 2007 & MOSS 2007 : Can no longer upload admin-approved form template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have quite a large InfoPath 2007 form template that has been installed and running in my production for over 18months. It has up to 20 views, multiple data connections and code behind. I made a minor change and now the form will not deploy. My backup old template will also not deploy.

The form will not deploy through Central Admin -> Manage Form Templates. I get "unknown error". The Event Viewer has the "Thread was being aborted" error message below. I tried increasing the timeout based on this thread http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepoint2010customization/thread/9f8a5ac7-8ddd-41aa-a188-13a1c66980d0 however that did not help.

I have removed the old template from the server and do not have any other admin-approved templates installed.

I have also tried installing using stsadm -uploadformtemplate (I have previously been able to use this command successfully). However after around 2hours, the install errors with "Object '/03820eb7_e070_47a2_a3e1_c8e48b0ef73d/haqucw4dltku0fe6_ku7wys7x_108.rem' has been disconnected or does not exist at the server." Does anybody have any idea how I can resolve this? Its quite urgent as this is an active form in production.

Regards,

Ciara

A runtime exception was detected. Details follow. Message: Thread was being aborted. Techinal Details: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.Converter.ConversionAppDomain.OperationRunner.ExecuteConversion(SolutionCabinet solutionCabinet, SolutionIdentity solutionId, Boolean executeVerification)    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.Converter.ConversionAppDomain.ExecuteInRemote(AppDomain domain, SolutionCabinet solutionCabinet, SolutionIdentity solutionId)    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.Converter.ConversionAppDomain.<>c__DisplayClass4.<TryRunConversion>b__0()    at Microsoft.Office.Server.Diagnostics.FirstChanceHandler.ExceptionFilter(Boolean fRethrowException, TryBlock tryBlock, FilterBlock filter, CatchBlock catchBlock, FinallyBlock finallyBlock)    at Microsoft.Office.Server.Diagnostics.ULS.SendWatsonOnExceptionTag(ULSTagID tagID, ULSCat categoryID, String output, Boolean fRethrowException, TryBlock tryBlock, CatchBlock catchBlock, FinallyBlock finallyBlock)    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.Converter.ConversionAppDomain.TryRunConversion(SolutionCabinet solutionCabinet, SolutionIdentity solutionId, Boolean separateAppDomain)    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.Converter.ConversionAppDomain.RunConversion(SolutionCabinet solutionCabinet, SolutionIdentity solutionId, Boolean separateAppDomain)    at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.Util.InstalledSolutions.<>c__DisplayClass1.<VerifyUnpackedSolution>b__0()    at Microsoft.Office.Server.Diagnostics.FirstChanceHandler.ExceptionFilter(Boolean fRethrowException, TryBlock tryBlock, FilterBlock filter, CatchBlock catchBlock, FinallyBlock finallyBlock)

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:20 AM

Answers

• So I found a data connection that was never used in my template. Input paramters were set but it was never queried. Once I removed this data connection I could publish the form using stsadm.

I still don't understand why it worked in my UAT environment but not production but I'm happy to have a working version in production now.

Thanks,

Ciara

Monday, November 19, 2012 6:43 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

The default time out is 120 seconds. Just try to increase time in the web.config file.Add the executionTimeout="240"

<httpHandlers>
          ----
        <customErrors mode="On" />
        <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="51200" executionTimeout="240"/>
        <authentication mode="Windows" />
        <identity impersonate="true" />

Let us know your result

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:21 AM
  • Hi Hemendra,

I have increased the timeout to 1000 with no luck (on both front ends).

I also tried adding the below section to teh web.config as per http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepoint2010customization/thread/9f8a5ac7-8ddd-41aa-a188-13a1c66980d0

<location path="_layouts/UploadEx.aspx">

<system.web>

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="51200" executionTimeout="300" />

</system.web>

</location>

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Ciara

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:32 AM
  • Hi Ciara,

I think there is some problem with your form, which is preventing to upload in central admin. Can you please revert your changes and try to upload neat templates (disable rules, conditional formatting etc for the time being). Or kust try to create new template and make it administrator approved and upload it in CA and see the result.

If you get same behavior with new template then we will look into infopath settings on server otherwise if it works then we need to look into your form itself.

Let us know your result

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:11 AM
  • So I found a data connection that was never used in my template. Input paramters were set but it was never queried. Once I removed this data connection I could publish the form using stsadm.

I still don't understand why it worked in my UAT environment but not production but I'm happy to have a working version in production now.

Thanks,

Ciara

Monday, November 19, 2012 6:43 AM