Bugs on Expression Blend 4 RC RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

Just a few bug reports on Expression Blend 4 RC :

• Sometimes, when editing a ControlTemplate in SL 4, the changes I made into a visual state are not displayed onto the design workspace : When a modify a value (eg. : Background), it automatically sets to its base value. But the change is registered in the visual state.
    • I've seen a strange random bug about "clipping" on SL 4 : A clipping mask  is applied on a grid with children. Within Blend, the clipping looks OK. But when I launch the application, the clipping mask seems to be "translated" in the coordinates referential of the root of the userControl : Eg., if the clipping mask was defined using a rect all over the grid (let's say 0,0 0,100, 100,100 0,0), when the application is launched, the clipping mask seems to be on u upper-left corner of the screen.
    • Final bug, already existing in Blend 3 : The VSM do not interpolate well 3D rotations in WPF Viewport3D ( Vector3DAnimationUsingKeyframe, I guess).
    Thanks,

Roland Tomczak

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:31 PM

All replies

• Howdy Roland,

Great feedback there, I am sure the team will get onto those.

Can you also please register here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/?wa=wsignin1.0

And file these defects. This will ensure they are reviewed correctly and you will also get some clear feedback as to the status of their fix etc.

Cheers

Expression MVP

my blog : http://x-coders.com/blogs/sneaky/default.aspx

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:49 PM
  • There is no option on the site you sent to log bug reports for expression blend, where do I go once logged in?

I just started using 4.0 RC and here is another major issue:

I created a style and placed it into its own resource file. Then when editing local brush resources in the style from the Properties tab under the Brush resources bucket blend is changing the Background property of whatever element that happens to be selected in the Objects and Timeline view to be that of the brush resource I'm currently modifying. It should not be doing this. If I edit a brush resource Blend should modify that brush resource only and it shouldn't be going into my xaml markup and changing the currently selected element's properties. The end user (me) should specificaly assign a resource as the background via xaml and it should remain that resource until I change it by hand. This defect is really going to cause me not to use Blend because if the application trashes my xaml and it isn't worth it to manually correct it every time I want to use the Color editor.

Let me know if you need more details. It would be great if this could be fixed before the RTM.

Friday, July 16, 2010 3:00 AM