Creating some basic reports RRS feed

• Question

• User-118094681 posted

Hi gang - 

I'm a 20+ year WebForms and Classic ASP developer who's somewhat new to Azure. I'm building a simple enough ordering system for clients who'll get a PDF confirming their list of items ordered. Way back when this would have been a Crystal Report, then an SSRS .rdlc report more recently. 

I've read and taken on board the fact that SQL Azure doesn't support SSRS at all, but I've not yet found any better ideas. It's not a hard task, I don't need fancy charts or anything really, just the ability to produce a nice table / repeater style thing listing the items and a total at the bottom. 

I am attempting to be all modern: host on Azure which is great, but build in .Net Core which doesn't seem to be helping in this case. All I need is a bit of guidance here. 

Am I meant to use PowerBI Embedded for such things? Is this my new reporting technology of choice? Core doesn't appear to have a whole load of libraries for PDFs and Excel output yet although perhaps I just haven't found them. I'm perfectly open to learning something new, I just need someone to point me in the right direction, please and thank you!

-Michael

Friday, February 24, 2017 1:40 PM

All replies

• User527778624 posted

Hi,

I'm perfectly open to learning something new,

Use AngularJS and Kendo UI (for pdf, excel export).

Friday, February 24, 2017 2:59 PM
  • User-118094681 posted

OK well that's definitely an answer and I'll give it a shot if needed. Is there no more nice graphical design interface then, no more 'Microsoft'-y way of doing things? For me at least?

Friday, February 24, 2017 3:30 PM