Concerned about the Order of Changes to an ASP.net , c#, and web forms Project RRS feed

• Question

• User569238728 posted

I am learning ASP.net and C# for the Web with Visual Studio IDE.  Because I have caused a project to fail by modifying it I was wondering if someone could tell me or supply me with a link to the proper ways and order of modifications using controls, .ASPX, event handlers, and so forth.  Or put another way what procedures and order of changes cannot be used.  The problem I experienced was an event handler was not found.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to programming but this is an important concern,

Josh 

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:53 PM

All replies

• User569238728 posted

Bootstrap will be a consideration too.

Josh

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 8:00 PM
  • User-719153870 posted

Hi Josh ,

The problem I experienced was an event handler was not found.

Will you decribe your question in detail? Have you met any error or seen any error message you can share with us?

If you got any error, maybe you can provide related code.

Otherwise, let the community guess won't help you solve the problem.

Best Regard,

Yang Shen

Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:06 AM
  • User379720387 posted

Use the debugger

Make small changes and then verify the code still works.

Undo if necessary

As you gain more experience you will have far fewer breaking changes.

If you publish your work to a remote location you can compare your local code with the live site.

Then ultimately, you would want something like Git for version control, although learning it will take some time.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 1:50 PM
  • User569238728 posted

Well, thank you gentlemen!  For some reason I was believing the code was not a syntax error, something about Visual Studio that was not correctable.  I wasn't right, the code was easily fixed!  Thank you, so much, You're both great!

Josh

Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:57 PM