none
create a project planning template with sliding start date RRS feed

• Question

• IS there a way to create an excel macro or template that allows the users to slide the start date of a project and view the costs and impact of that project/

(we dont' have MS project)

example:

if the project is slated to start Jan 1 2015, we want the user to have the abilty to change to maybe March 2015 and view the cost, impact resources needed to finish it. its more of a project planning thing then anything. Can anyone maybe point me to some good project planning excel templates?

Monday, September 8, 2014 6:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>IS there a way to create an excel macro or template that allows the users to slide the start date of a project and view the costs and impact of that project/<<

As far as I know, there is many templates provided when you create a new workbook. You can get them to see whether they meet the special requirements like figure below:

You can get more templates from link below:
    Templates

I can't understand exactly that the job macro do. It may be more relative to the requirements, however links below is helpful understanding what we could do using macro:
    How do I... (Excel 2013 developer reference)

Concepts (Excel 2013 developer reference)

Welcome to the Excel 2013 developer reference

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 5:52 AM
  • the templates within Excel won't really work. I looked at those and other tools prior to posting

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:20 PM
  • Hi,

The templates help users to create Office document more easily and quickly, if it doesn't meet the requirement, we can changed it based on the specific requrment.

This forum is for developer discussing developing issues. To get more effective response,  I suggest that you separate the technical issue from the the specific requrment to help other commnities to understand the issue exactly.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 11, 2014 11:29 AM