Creating and registering custom DebugLaunchProvider RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Managed Package Framework (MPF) to create custom language service. I want to add few emulators/devices in "Start" Combobox.

After some research, I came to know that you need to extend an abstract class DebugLaunchProviderBase.

But now I am again stuck with how to register this class with visual studio, so it can list my targets.

• Moved by Anna Cc Friday, May 30, 2014 4:43 AM
    Thursday, May 29, 2014 8:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm sorry that I haven't searched anything about the abstract class DebugLaunchProviderBase. Could you please private us with the DebugLaunchProviderBase information?

And I'm moving this case to Visual Studio Integrate forum for better response.

Best regards,

Friday, May 30, 2014 4:31 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply and moving the question to appropriate forum.

Talking about DebugLaunchProviderBase, I also don't have enough information. The only thing I know about it is, you have to add reference of Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.Utilities.v12.0. This dll can be found

at C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.Utilities.v12.0\v4.0_12.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.Utilities.v12.0.dll

The thing I am trying to achieve is to add some custom emulator/device targets under "Start" combo box.

I tried to add screenshot but due to some reason inserting image is not allowed. I have asked similar question with image on stackoverflow at following link

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23909924/modifying-emularor-device-list-of-visual-studio-2013

Can any one please guide me to correct direction. Do I have to create custom debug engine for this? 

Friday, May 30, 2014 5:32 AM