none
Read Item via EntryID? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I will read an email Body via the EntryID...

At first i read all Mails then i work with the mails and at the end i will read a special mail that i identify via the EntryID...

Is there a way where i can read an E-Mail direct with the EntryID? (GetItemFromID is not working...)

I Need a code snip with mapi function...

Have anyone an Idea how i can read the Mail direct with the EntryID?

Best Regards

Bernd

Thursday, April 30, 2015 5:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Bernd,

>>Is there a way where i can read an E-Mail direct with the EntryID? (GetItemFromID is not working...) <<

Did you get any error message? I suggest that you try to add the Store ID for this function. And as far as I test, this fucntion works well for me.

You can get more detail about this function from link below:
    Working with EntryIDs and StoreIDs

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:50 AM

All replies

• Hello Bernd,

What code do you use now? What exactly do you need to implement in Outlook?

Here is what MSDN states for the EntryID property:

The EntryID changes when an item is moved into another store, for example, from your Inbox to a Microsoft Exchange Server public folder, or from one Personal Folders (.pst) file to another .pst file. Solutions should not depend on the EntryID property to be unique unless items will not be moved.

You may also find the Working with EntryIDs and StoreIDs page helpful.

Thursday, April 30, 2015 6:17 PM
  • Ok...

For more Background...

I will not read all 10.000 mails from Outlook until i found a Special E-Mail...

So my idea was the ID for the Mail Item... !?

Or is there any other mechanism wher i can read direct a mail item without reading a mails...

Best Regards

Bernd

Thursday, April 30, 2015 6:33 PM
  • So are you trying to *construct* an entry id? You cannot do that.

Are you trying to find a particular item? What is the search criteria?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Thursday, April 30, 2015 7:00 PM
  • Bernd,

You can add a user property which you can use for identifying items uniquely. Also you may consider using a low-level property - PR_SEARCH_KEY for identifying items.

Thursday, April 30, 2015 8:51 PM
  • Hi Bernd,

>>Is there a way where i can read an E-Mail direct with the EntryID? (GetItemFromID is not working...) <<

Did you get any error message? I suggest that you try to add the Store ID for this function. And as far as I test, this fucntion works well for me.

You can get more detail about this function from link below:
    Working with EntryIDs and StoreIDs

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:50 AM