Why can't I run programming samples RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I'm making my first real foray into SSIS programming. I'm trying to understand the CreatePackageVB.sln sample that gets installed (by default) at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Samples\DataTransformationServices\Programming Samples\Control Flow\CreatePackage Sample\VB

I've opened it up and tried to run it. I get:
    System.Data cannot be found
    then later
    Could not locate the assembly System.Data version=2.0.3600.0

Now that kinda makes sense, that version of System.Data does not exist on my system. My question is though, why is it trying to use that version? I have version 2.0.50215

I get the same problems for System.Deployment & System.XML

If I go to the properties of my project and then to the References tab, it does say <The system cannot find the reference specified>. But then if that is the case, why does intellisense work when I call these things in my package?

I installed BIDS prior to installing Visual Studio. Is that a problem?

Questions questions questions....
    Thanks
    Jamie
    Saturday, July 9, 2005 3:53 PM

All replies

• OK, in case anyone is interested, I got to the bottom of this.

I was using one of the samples from a previous CTP. The references section contained references to DLL versions from .Net framework Beta1 rather than just listing the namespaces referenced.

The samples from the June CTP work fine.

Well its held me back but at least I've learnt something about .Net. Doing things wrong is the only way to learn right?

-Jamie
    Wednesday, July 13, 2005 6:09 PM