Automatically changed FullScreenLandscape from FullScreenPortrait in store app in c#

Question

• Hi All,

It is possible to changed automatically to FullScreenLandscape from FullScreenPortrait in store app in c#? Actually I want to show FullScreenLandscape from FullScreenPortrait without any user interaction, that is suppose we move to another page from fullscreenPortrait,then we check if our current view is fullscreenPortrait then we change the screen view from fullscreenPortrait to FullScreenLandscape that means we only give the portrait facility for home page only if user go to another pages it automatically change the design from portrait to  landscape. Is it  possible without any user interaction?Please help me.

ThanQ

Ganesh

Thursday, June 12, 2014 5:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Ganesh,

Sorry for a late response, you mentioned that AutoRotationPreferences | autoRotationPreferences property is not working for you, did you test this with your device or just with simulator?

The real device should understand your setting but simulator might ignore because they have different implementation. If you could test with a real device, that would be better to know if it works or not.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, June 23, 2014 9:54 AM

All replies

• Hi All,

Please reply it is very important for me.

ThanQ

Ganesh

Thursday, June 12, 2014 3:09 PM
  • Hi Ganesh,

Setting AutoRotationPreferences | autoRotationPreferences property does not help?

by the way, you can always have OrientationChangedevent triggered when either the CurrentOrientation or NativeOrientation property changes because of a mode change or a monitor change.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, June 13, 2014 6:03 AM
  • Hi Jamles,

ThanQ for your reply. AutoRotationPreferences | autoRotationPreferences property this is not working for me. And    OrientationChanged event only fire with user interaction which is not is my requirements.Actually I want to show page in FullScreenPortrait  to FullScreenLandscape when user in splitscreen view without any user interaction.Is it possible?Please reply.

ThanQ

Ganesh

Friday, June 13, 2014 10:07 AM
  • Hi Ganesh,

Sorry for a late response, you mentioned that AutoRotationPreferences | autoRotationPreferences property is not working for you, did you test this with your device or just with simulator?

The real device should understand your setting but simulator might ignore because they have different implementation. If you could test with a real device, that would be better to know if it works or not.

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Monday, June 23, 2014 9:54 AM