none
The problem is when I call Textbox1_TextChanged event the available Dropdown1_SelectedIndexChanged event autometically calls. Why?? How to solve this?? RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 controls Textbox1 having its Textbox1_TextChanged event and Dropdown with Dropdown1_SelectedIndexChanged. The proble is whenever I call Textbox1_TextChanged event the available Dropdown1_SelectedIndexChanged event autometically calls. Why?? How to solve this??
    Monday, May 28, 2012 7:14 AM

Answers

• Have you set any binding between textbox and dropdownlist? Just check.

Also, for better support on ASP.NET related problems, you can ask this question in ASP.NET forum.

Please mark this post as answer if it solved your problem. Happy Programming!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:33 AM
  • Hi Amit,

You can do like this, before adding two values declare a variable like _Binding=true, and verify whether it is in binding true/false in the dropdown event if true skip.. now after adding the values make this variable false..

thats it...

Hope it will help you...

Sai Kumar K (MCP)
    Blog: Sai's Stuff.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:37 AM

All replies

• What action do you perform in the Textbox1_TextChanged event handler?

Marco Minerva [MCPD]
    Blog: http://blogs.ugidotnet.org/marcom
    Twitter: @marcominerva

Monday, May 28, 2012 7:45 AM
  • I am adding two values on Textbox1_TextChanged but its autometically calls Dropdown1_SelectedIndexChanged after page load and then Textbox1_TextChanged.
    Monday, May 28, 2012 9:16 AM
  • Have you set any binding between textbox and dropdownlist? Just check.

Also, for better support on ASP.NET related problems, you can ask this question in ASP.NET forum.

Please mark this post as answer if it solved your problem. Happy Programming!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:33 AM
  • Hi Amit,

You can do like this, before adding two values declare a variable like _Binding=true, and verify whether it is in binding true/false in the dropdown event if true skip.. now after adding the values make this variable false..

thats it...

Hope it will help you...

Sai Kumar K (MCP)
    Blog: Sai's Stuff.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:37 AM