none
Not recognizing mic Array RRS feed

• Question

• When the driver tries to install itself, it says Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

It calls it an "unspecified device"

The camera works but the microphone doesnt.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick

Rick
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:08 AM

All replies

• Rick,

Have you followed the standard advice in FAQ (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/kinectsdknuiapi/thread/4da8c75e-9aad-4dc3-bd83-d77ab4cd2f82) in this case, issues 3 and 5 in particular? Does the problem persist when unplugging and re-plugging device? Also, does it persist across reboots? Also, if you previously installed other Kinect drivers you'll need to uninstall them before installing Kinect for Windows SDK.

Hope some of this helps,
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:28 PM
  • Hi Eddy,

I see a device group called "Microsoft Kinect" that lists "Microsoft Kinect Camera" and "Microsoft Kinect Device" but I do not see "Microsoft Kinect Audio Array Control" - sometimes I see Unspecified deviced 

I dont see "Kinect USB Audio" under "Sound, video and game controllers"

The problem persists when unplugging and replugging, and across reboots.

This is the first Kinect Software I've installed on my PC.

Rick
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 2:19 AM
  • Sorry for the really long time to reply. I think this got lost among other threads. Was your problem solved eventually? When you see some Kinect devices but not all this is usually because Kinect device is not getting power through electrical outlet. You need to plug it in to USB in computer and also separately to electrical outlet. Some people have reported that they thought they were plugged in to electrical power but really they were using a defective outlet.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:28 AM