With which rewritten file do we have to replace our original source code file? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I am newbie and was just playing around with DOLOTO to find how does it works. I have gone through many documents available online.

I made a javascript extensive webpage (mysite.html) and hosted it on my local machine. After profiling it with doloto, I have a file in a folder named rewritten, with the same name of my application's source code file (mysite.html).

My doubts are:
    1) Do I have to replace my original source code file with this rewritten file in order to get the response time optimized.
    2) Whether I can host this rewritten html file on a server  which do not have DOLOTO installed on it.

That would be a great help if you can clear my doubts.
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 6:08 AM

All replies

• We recommend starting the following way: have the doloto rewritten file saved as mysite.doloto.html, make sure it points to Doloto-rewritten JavaScript. Put it next to the original mysite.html so that you can see what changes. It is helpful to use IE Developer Tool and Firebug to see what is being requested from the server.

-Ben
    Saturday, October 3, 2009 5:26 AM
  • Thanks a lot Ben, I really appreciate your help.

Just one more thing I would like to ask you. Is it necessary that my server where I am going to put these rewritten script, should also have DOLOTO installed on it, is the rewritten script have any DOLOTO specific functions in it? 

-Anshul
    Monday, October 5, 2009 5:44 AM