HTML Client PropertyChanged events (client-side entity instances) not firing RRS feed

All replies

• The connect bug is 100% correct.

_validate method doesn't fire on html client (unless bubbled from server upon a save attempt);

_property_changed doesn't fire from changes on the html client or from the Odata endpoint;

_isReadOnly only works on Silverlight client and on the server, not on html client and not on Odata service.

_isReadOnly should be fixed!  This is a potential security issue if you don't account for it properly. 

_validate and property_changed need some javascript to execute on the html client.  That's fine but it would rock if you could write this code in either client (js) or server (vb/c#) perspective and have other perspective generate an equivalent method.  That's probably asking way too much tho.

Thursday, January 9, 2014 6:14 PM
  • Hi,

So what's the fix specifically in my case for PropertyChanged in this scenario?

Thanks

Ian Mac

Thursday, January 9, 2014 6:19 PM
  • To react to changes on the html client you will probably need to add a changelistener on the screen created method to monitor the property for changes and trigger your logic.  Unfortunately I can't get that to work quite right so far.  I have another post where I am trying to do the same thing in order to validate a property.  I imagine the same type of thing would work for you.
    • Edited by Hessc Thursday, January 9, 2014 6:52 PM added link
    Thursday, January 9, 2014 6:51 PM
  • So if I have a scenario where I want to create entities directly on the server, any C# property change events will fire (as in SL client), but if these are created client-side, I have to duplicate these change events (obviously in JavaScript), in page code-behind?

If so, what's happening to LightSwitch being a 'RAD' platform? In SL we only have to do this once! I take it there is no way to 'common' these events; obviously we're not running .NET code on the client because we can't.

Cheers

Ian Mac

Monday, January 20, 2014 2:37 PM
  • OK let's say I change a property value in the UI (on the 'JSON version' ?).

If I have a corresponding change event on the 'server' perspective (.NET), will that change event fire upon saving?

Recall I'm talking about an HTML Client app.

Cheers

Ian Mac

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:24 PM
  • Bump

Ian Mac

Friday, January 31, 2014 12:51 PM