none
How to Print a document generated using OpenXML RRS feed

• Question

• I have a set of existing Word templates with simple text merge fields. I have figured our how to automate the process of merging existing data files with these templates to produce multiple documents using Open XML from a vb.net program. (I am planning on posting info about this once I have completed the project.)

My question is that I also want to be able to print these documents to .prn files which can be copied to the printer when it is convenient for Operations.  I have not been able to find anything about how to do this from OpenXML. 

Will I have to use the Word interop to open these documents to print them?  This seems to defeat the whole purpose of using OpenXML instead of the Word interop to automate document processing from a server console application.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Mary Leathem

Friday, April 13, 2012 3:51 PM

All replies

• Hi MaryKate110,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

OpenXml SDK is used to generate Word, Excel or PowerPoint document. It isn't able to print document to a file. I would recommend you consult this issue in Word deve forum, VSTO Forum or Other forum which regard to Window's printing processing.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, April 16, 2012 3:04 AM
  • OK, thanks.

Mary Leathem

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:19 PM