Getting multiple property values using single command - Windows 8.1 Enterprise MDM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

For Windows 8.1 Enterprise MDM : 

Is there any way to get multiple values using only single command ? right now I am writing seperate command for each property and it is annoying and time consuming. Why has this been made so much complex compare to iOS MDM ?

For example :

If I want to get UUID value from Win32_ComputerSystemProduct instance,

I need three values as keys IdentifyingNumber,Name and Version, Without getting these keys I can't access UUID property.

So, command sequence is like :

(1) Sending .cimv2/Win32_ComputerSystemProduct command

(2) Above command returns this as a value,

Win32_ComputerSystemProduct.IdentifyingNumber="0",Name="VirtualBox",Version="1.2"

(3) So, I have to separate out IdentifyingNumber, Name, and Version from above result

(4) Then send this command to get UUID , 

.cimv2/Win32_ComputerSystemProduct/Win32_ComputerSystemProduct.IdentifyingNumber="0",Name="VirtualBox",Version="1.2"/UUID

This process is complex, Isn't there any way to get all values at once ?
    Like, Just send one command, and it gets all values for IdentifyingNumber,Name,Version, UUID etc.

Friday, December 12, 2014 1:18 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately not... exposing WMI providers in this way was an easy way to expose existing management functionality but it's not ideal. 

Eric Fleck, Windows Store and Windows Phone Developer Support. If you would like to provide feedback or suggestions for future improvements to the Windows Phone SDK please go to http://wpdev.uservoice.com/ where you can post your suggestions and/or cast your votes for existing suggestions.

• Marked as answer by infinitedreams Tuesday, December 16, 2014 6:15 AM
    Monday, December 15, 2014 6:22 PM