none
Access Web App - Custom Query with Embedded Table Results RRS feed

• Question

• I'm just getting into Access Web Apps. I'm used to doing things with webpages so the seeming limitations are confusing to me.

On this page:

I want the bottom "Clients" list to pull from the Clients table and display all records who's ClientAssignedFrom field contains a value matching the selected (from the left sidebar) CoordinatorID from the Coordinators table.

I don't even know how to start this. The databsae for the page itself it set to pull from the Coordinators table, however I have no databases/queries to select for the "Clients" list:

Thursday, June 2, 2016 11:35 PM

Answers

• Hi adhaas,

>> I want the bottom "Clients" list to pull from the Clients  table and display all records who's ClientAssignedFrom field contains a value matching the selected (from the left sidebar) CoordinatorID from the Coordinators table

There is no data source for your Clients is caused that there is no relationship between Coordinators and Clients table. Based on your description, it seems the relationship is based on Clients’ClientAssignedFrom and Coordinators’s CoordinatorID. If so, I suggest you change Clients’ClientAssignedFrom to LookUp field based on Coordinators’s CoordinatorID. You could refer Create a relationship in an Access web app, and then you could custom your Related Items control, you could refer Automatically Generated Controls for Related Data for more information.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 6, 2016 3:22 AM
  • Hi adhaas,

If you do not want this, I suggest you try Subview control.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, June 13, 2016 9:04 AM

All replies

• Hi adhaas,

>> I want the bottom "Clients" list to pull from the Clients  table and display all records who's ClientAssignedFrom field contains a value matching the selected (from the left sidebar) CoordinatorID from the Coordinators table

There is no data source for your Clients is caused that there is no relationship between Coordinators and Clients table. Based on your description, it seems the relationship is based on Clients’ClientAssignedFrom and Coordinators’s CoordinatorID. If so, I suggest you change Clients’ClientAssignedFrom to LookUp field based on Coordinators’s CoordinatorID. You could refer Create a relationship in an Access web app, and then you could custom your Related Items control, you could refer Automatically Generated Controls for Related Data for more information.

Best Regards,

Edward

Monday, June 6, 2016 3:22 AM
  • I've seen in multiple places, on this site too, that I should be avoiding LookUp fields. Is there no other way to do this? If that type of embedded table cannot work, is there another way I can list related data?

Friday, June 10, 2016 9:41 PM
  • Hi adhaas,

If you do not want this, I suggest you try Subview control.

Best Regards,

Edward

Monday, June 13, 2016 9:04 AM