locked
Errors Encountered while connecting to the service

    Question

  • Hi ,

    I'm building a windows 8.0 app using c# and XAML. I tried to use the speech to text service that Bing provides. 

    I think that I made all the steps that are necessary in order for the speech to text to work.

    I have added in my package manifest everything that is required , added in my solution the Bing.Speech , added the example code that I found ,  create the service in the azzure market  and in the connection added the clientid and client secret that I got from the azzure.

    But when I pressed the button to run the example I can see that something is happening but when it tries to connect to the service (Bing) I'm always getting "Errors Encountered while connecting to the service"

    I have Internet Access .

    I'm running out of ideas. Is there anything else that I can check and I'm missing right now ? How can I be sure that the azzure service is running ?

    Not forget to mention that this is for ARM processors and the package that I deploy in my device is not from the app store but the release version from VS. Don't know for sure if it has something to do with this.

    Appreciate any help you could give me.

    thank you


    • Edited by zakkar Friday, October 17, 2014 12:39 PM
    Friday, October 17, 2014 12:36 PM

Answers

  • Does Fiddler show that the connection to the remote service is working properly?  Perhaps you're getting stuck at a proxy? Have you tried outside of this particular environment?

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    • Marked as answer by zakkar Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:24 PM
    Saturday, October 18, 2014 12:16 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Does Fiddler show that the connection to the remote service is working properly?  Perhaps you're getting stuck at a proxy? Have you tried outside of this particular environment?

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    • Marked as answer by zakkar Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:24 PM
    Saturday, October 18, 2014 12:16 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Matt ,

    Now that you are mentioning I didn't try that. I mean to call the service outside the Env. I used the company's network and I remember that we are using Ironport so perhaps that will be the problem. 

    I will check it Matt and revert.

    thank you

    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:25 AM
  • Yes Matt. It was the proxy. Outside the company's network it is working.

    I will speak with the network guys.

    Thank you 

    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:24 PM