none
DebugDiag PerfAnalysis fails with System.ArgumentException RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to debug high CPU usage in an IIS app pool on a Windows 2012 R2 server. I have installed DebugDiag v2 Update 3 and collected dumps of the IIS app pool whenever its CPU usage goes above a specified threshold.

I was able to get 11 dumps generated - 10 mini dumps and 1 full dump. However, when I open the DebugDiag Analysis tool and load any (or all) of the dump files and do a PerfAnalysis, it always fails with the error System.ArgumentException, no matter what I try. I have tried to do this multiple times, and I still get the same error every time I try to analyse the files.

Has anyone been able to successfully do a Perf Analysis? I tried the crash analysis and it seems to work fine; it's only the Perf Analysis which errors out.

Here is the kind of error I see every time I try to do a PerfAnalysis: 

Friday, May 10, 2019 5:15 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Actually, I suggest you using DebugDiag v2 Update 2 rather than DebugDiag v2 Update 3.

Here is my test step. When I tested the DebugDiag v2 Update 3 in Win10 and Win8.1, I met this error too. I used DebugDiag Diagnostic Tool to collect Dumps, I can't set the Dump Target as Web application pool, it allways shows me this error:

So I set Dump Target as Executable and Selected Target as cmd.exe.

A few minutes later, I got five .dump file. When I use DebugDiag Analysis(Update 3), I still got the same error as what you had got.

Then I uninstalled the DebugDiag v2 Update 3 and installed the DebugDiag v2 Update 2, used DebugDiag Diagnostic Tool to collect the Dumps again, and use the DebugDiag Analysis(Update 2), it show me these.

So I think you could have a try, maybe DebugDiag v2 Update 2 will work for you.

Best Wishes,

Jack Zhang

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 8:11 AM