none
Resource holidays best practice... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have a situation where there are 32 countries and 150 resources.  What is the best practice re: holidays so that the when scheduling in advance the pm can see if a resource is not available because of public and personal holidays. 

• Can I use the Enterprise Calendar for each Country's public holidays (though I thought I read that there should only be a max of about 10 ECs).
    • And how to deal with resources - so that the pm can enter the resource's personal holidays for the year in one go.

Many thanks 

James 

• Edited by JamesP435 Thursday, February 22, 2018 5:12 AM
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 5:12 AM

Answers

• Hi James,

Basically, you'd create an enterprise calendar for each country. They'd be assigned to resources based on their countries and to projects based on their location. Then holidays will be added as exceptions to the personal resources calendar so their availability will be the union of their calendar and their exceptions. 

Note that in terms of permissions, the default PM group cannot edit resource calendar, which are managed by the resource manager group, but it can be configured as you need.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by JamesP435 Friday, February 23, 2018 2:52 AM
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:58 AM

All replies

• Hi James,

Basically, you'd create an enterprise calendar for each country. They'd be assigned to resources based on their countries and to projects based on their location. Then holidays will be added as exceptions to the personal resources calendar so their availability will be the union of their calendar and their exceptions. 

Note that in terms of permissions, the default PM group cannot edit resource calendar, which are managed by the resource manager group, but it can be configured as you need.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by JamesP435 Friday, February 23, 2018 2:52 AM
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:58 AM
  • Thanks for this Guillaume.  And to confirm there won't be any problems have 32 Enterprise Calendars (ie 1 for each country)?

Cheers

James  

• Edited by JamesP435 Friday, February 23, 2018 2:53 AM
    Friday, February 23, 2018 2:53 AM