Same product id

Question

• How do I make sure that when I create a Universal App to replace a Windows Phone 7 app that the product ids align and people who have bought the WP7 version, get free access to the UA version(s) - both phone and Windows.

John... the original Visio MVP (since 1993) Visio.MVPs.org

Monday, January 19, 2015 8:39 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

As I know, we can use the same reserved name for an app you submit to both windows store and windows phone store, thus this allows a customer to share the product in both store app and phone app. You can see more information in the following page. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn646927.aspx. Try submitting a new release of app, see more from http://blogs.msdn.com/b/cdnstudents/archive/2013/05/10/how-to-update-your-app-in-the-windows-8-store.aspx.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 6:50 AM
  • Thanks Herro, but this WP7 was released before we had the option of reserving a name and since then someone has reserved the name. I was quick in reserving names, but not quick enough in this case. When they started reserving names, preference was not given to those already uing the names.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 1:19 PM
  • Maybe you can reserve a new name used for your app.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 7:39 AM
  • The problem appears to be that there is missing information on the existing app. So even if I choose a different new name, it will still be compared to blank. With almost 4K downloads, I do not want to break the link to the old app. What would be useful would be to allow a publisher to edit existing their apps That were approved before name approval was introduced.

Being able to edit publisher information would also be useful. I seem to have acquired a variety of publisher names and ids.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 1:05 PM