Adjust device driver loading order? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to change the loading order of some device's driver,eg.,exchange LCD's and SD Card's?
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 7:18 AM

All replies

• You can adjust the device driver loading using "Order" registry key of the driver.

"An Order value between 0 and 255. The smallest Order value gets loaded first. If there is no Order value, the driver gets loaded after drivers with defined Order values."
    The above things only work for the drivers loaded by Device manager.

But the LCD driver is a native will be loaded by GWES.
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 7:45 AM
  • I hope you know that changing the driver loading sequence can result in a non-functional device (only solution then would be to reset to factory default). Many drivers are dependent on other drivers i.e before they are loaded they might expect specific drivers to be already loaded. Changing loading sequence can disturb this operation.

Having said that, if you identify that there would be no such problems, use the suggestion from Prabhu. For built-in drivers, you can consult the OEM.

: Onkar

http://www.42gears.com
    [SureLock Studio: Quick and Easy way to lockdown Windows Mobile devices]
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:28 AM
  • thanks to Prabu.

what i wanna do is to make the system load sd card driver during early system boot time.As far as i know, the system loads this driver after boot up. As  a result, some applications fail to work.

where can i set the  Order value?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\SDBusDriver]
    "Order"=dword:00000000

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\SDMemory]

"Name"="SD Memory Card"

"Folder"="Storage Card"

;"PartitionDriver"=""          ; removable storage cannot have partitions

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\MMC]

"Name"="MMC Card"

"Folder"="Storage Card"

;"PartitionDriver"=""          ; removable storage cannot have partitions

; SD Memory Storage class driver

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SDMemory_Class]

"Dll"="SDMemory.dll"

"Prefix"="DSK"

"BlockTransferSize"=dword:40  ; send no more than 64 blocks of data per bus transfer

;"SingleBlockWrites"=dword:1  ; alternatively force the driver to use single block access

;"IdleTimeout"=dword:7D0      ; 2000 milliseconds

;"IdlePowerState"=dword:2     ; 0 == D0, 1 == D1, etc.

;"DisablePowerManagement"=""  ; if value present, then disable (remove value to enable)

"Profile"="SDMemory"

"IClass"=multi_sz:"{A4E7EDDA-E575-4252-9D6B-4195D48BB865}",

"{A32942B7-920C-486b-B0E6-92A702A99B35}"

; MMC Storage Class Driver

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\MMC_Class]

"Dll"="SDMemory.dll"

"Prefix"="DSK"

"BlockTransferSize"=dword:40  ; send no more than 64 blocks of data per bus transfer

;"SingleBlockWrites"=dword:1  ; alternatively force the driver to use single block access

;"IdleTimeout"=dword:7D0      ; milliseconds

;"IdlePowerState"=dword:2     ; 0 == D0, 1 == D1, etc.

;"DisablePowerManagement"=""  ; if value present, then disable (remove value to enable)

"Profile"="MMC"

"IClass"=multi_sz:"{A4E7EDDA-E575-4252-9D6B-4195D48BB865}",

"{A32942B7-920C-486b-B0E6-92A702A99B35}"

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 9:09 AM
  • For your questions,
    Set the Order key in
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\SDBusDriver]
    "Order"=dword:00000000

and also set the Order key in SDHC driver inside your BSP platform.reg file.

To help you more with this could you give me some more details on what you are trying to acheive this?

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 9:36 AM
  • i'm trying to move system fonts(*.ac3) to my SD Card.With the system FontLink,i can replace system default fonts with whatever i like.But the SD Card seems to be mounted after fontlink, so my phone ends up booting without any text.Also,if i manage to load on-SD Card fonts,it is convenient to switch fonts.

I set the Order key of SDBusDriver to 0 and SDHC1's to 1 and SDHC's to 2.After reboot, it fails to work as the fonts on the SD Card are not loaded as font links usually do. What's wrong with my settings, are there anything other settings?

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 10:02 AM
  • any suggestions for failing to change the boot order of SD Card?

I need OS load SD Card during the boot time as early as possible, at least before GWES.exe.But when the order is set to 0,the system refuses to load SD Card after booting,because i can't find the SD Card in the Explorer. When i reset its order,it gets loaded again.Which order is feasible? Is there any underlying rules during OS loading drivers?

Friday, June 18, 2010 9:10 AM
  • Eventhough you have set the Sdcard driver load Order to 0, you have to make sure that the other drivers order should be higher than this to provide the higher priority to SD Card.
    Vinoth.R http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com http://www.e-consystems.com
    Friday, June 18, 2010 9:32 AM