none
BizTalk Server 2010 ESB Tool Kit Setup

Question

• Hi All,

i downloaded the material for BizTalk Server 2010 ESB Tool Kit on Microsoft website however i am unable to use it.

I do not know where to begin setting up the training environment.

I have all the files that i downloaded from the website.

On my PC have Windows Server 2008 R2 installed and Heryper V Role configured on the server.

Please would you give me the steps to take to get the environment ready and working for training.

Regards,

Lesibana Chokoe

Sunday, February 5, 2017 12:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• Well, do you really need to use the EST Toolkit?

There's nothing it does that you can't do with BizTalk Server out of the box.  Much more often than not, it's just adds complexity for little benefit, which is a net negative.

What use case do you expect to ESBT to help with?

Sunday, February 5, 2017 2:29 PM
  • Hi Lesibana,

Important: You must have BizTalk Server installed and configured before you start installing the BizTalk ESB Toolkit.

Few other prerequistes are mentioned in the chm file available on: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11847, I have highlighted them below:

To achieve full functionality of ​Microsoft BizTalk ESB Toolkit solutions, you must install the following prerequisite applications and services. Follow this sequence to install the prerequisites and to configure your system.

Required

• Windows Server 2008 SP2 and Windows Server 2008 R2
    • .NET Framework version 4 and .NET Framework 3.5
    • Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 with IIS 6.0 extensions
      Note

You will need to select IIS 6.0 Management console and Windows Authentication when installing IIS 7.0.

• SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2008 SP1
    • BizTalk Server 2010 Enterprise Edition, including Business Activity Monitoring (BAM)
    • Visual Studio 2010
    • Microsoft Chart Controls for .NET Framework 4 and .NET Framework 3.5

Now coming to installation part, you can refer the articles below:

https://mwoodsmcpd.wordpress.com/2011/11/18/how-to-install-biztalk-2010-esb-toolkit-2-1/

https://connecsys.wordpress.com/2013/01/09/installing-the-biztalk-esb-toolkit-2-1-2/

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Sunday, February 5, 2017 3:14 PM
  • Monday, February 6, 2017 6:48 AM
  • its not relevant to reply here in this thread :

but I am trying to post a question on forum, but it continuosly keep saying :

• Your number of posts today has exceeded the limit.

whereas I didnt even post a question from past 3 days ? Why is this happening ?

MBH

Monday, February 6, 2017 12:07 PM
  • You can always download BIzTalk ESB Training Kit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27151 In this case you would not need to install anything: just use the Hyper-V image created for training. 
    Monday, February 6, 2017 8:10 PM
  • Hi Guys,

The person who posted this i think gets my question.

The metarial i downloaded on the above link has all the setup however i do not know how to put the together to do training.

"You can always download BIzTalk ESB Training Kit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27151 In this case you would not need to install anything: just use the Hyper-V image created for training. "

Where will i get the hyper-V machine?? i do not seem to find it anywhere on the folders provided after extracting.

Guys, this is training metarial from microsoft i need to understand how to connect every thing to work togeter to get going with the training. 

Please show me how...

Lesibana Chokoe

Monday, February 6, 2017 9:43 PM
  • This is excerpt from Readme.txt file from the BizTalk ESB training kit included in the download:

"To prepare the VMs for installation into Hyper-V, open a command prompt with the "Run as Administrator" option and execute the ImportVMs.bat that was extracted with the VM.  This will created the appropriate links between the differencing disks used in the two VMs and the parent disk they share.  Then, using the Hyper-V console, import both the "BizTalk 2010 ESB PreInstall" and "BizTalk 2010 ESB PostInstall images"."

I suggest you follow the instructions in that Readme file to configure virtual machine. More information for about how to configure Hyper-V and import virtual machine is available online and on MSDN.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 12:47 AM
  • Hi 

I have extracted the file BizTalk2010ESBCourse.exe which has projects file but i cannot find the "BizTalk 2010 ESB PreInstall" and "BizTalk 2010 ESB PostInstall " images for VMs, would anyone know were the exact location the images would be.

Please assist.

Lesibana Chokoe

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 8:18 AM
  • Hi All,

I got it right thanks.

Lesibana Chokoe

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 8:54 PM