Windows invalidate my personal certificates after password changing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

in my desktop application I use certificates to establish a secure connection (Mutual TLS authentication).

The application is runned by a not administrator user. This user has a personal My store where certificates are stored. If the user change the windows logon password the secure connection established by my application stop to working with the following error:

System.Net Information: 0 : [4064] AcquireCredentialsHandle(package = Microsoft Unified Security Protocol Provider, intent  = Outbound, scc     = System.Net.SecureCredential)
    System.Net Error: 0 : [4064] AcquireCredentialsHandle() failed with error 0X8009030D.
    System.Net Error: 0 : [4064] Exception in HttpWebRequest#2086040:: - The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel..
    System.Net Error: 0 : [4064] Exception in HttpWebRequest#2086040::GetResponse - The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel..

To fix the issue i must re-import the certificates into personal store. There is a way to solve the issue without re-impor the certificates?

Thanks,

Gaetano

Thursday, January 31, 2019 8:43 AM