Activate State with Components RRS feed

• Question

• Perhaps I have set this up incorrectly but I have created a compoenent with lots of buttons.  I can get it to respond to states within the component screen but if I want one of the buttons to launch say a note in a different screen I can't seem to do it. It only allows me to provide a target screen for the component only.

If I can't do this and therefore dictate separate funtions on each related to different screen the concept of a component seems a bit restrictive.

Bear with me this our first Sketchflow WPF project.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:28 PM

All replies

• Components are encapsulated UserControls and know nothing about the world outside of themselves. If I am reading your question correctly, you want something inside a component to affect something outside it (such as the screen that contains the component)? That is a bit difficult because the platform (WPF or SL) does not easily allow that. If you really need it to work that way, you would probably need to expose events on your component/usercontrol that the containing control can listen for and act upon. Otherwise, if it is a prototype, you may need to change how you have things arrange, for practical purposes.

Happy to help/suggest ideas if you provide a bit more detail.

Monday, November 29, 2010 4:04 PM