Cubemember formula based on a specific account RRS feed

• Question

• I have a cubemember formula pulling categories for an excel report for various accounts.  The formula is working OK but now my boss has thrown in a wrench that a novice like me cannot do but to come here for help. 

There are about 10 identical categories for each account but now she wants to add another category called "PriorYear Adj" to only one of the accounts called "Business Lab".  How do I incorporate that into the cubemember formula I have below.

=CUBEMEMBER("PowerPivot Data","[Combined Years Dataset].[OBA_CATEGORY].&[Consultants]")

In other words "Prior Adj" should appear only when the account name is Business Lab.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Kofi

• Edited by kdankwah Thursday, July 30, 2015 4:07 PM
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 4:06 PM

Answers

• So this formula is returning one cell, filled with a couple of words, describing 10 categories? And what you want is to create a solution that will return 11 categories for 1 specific account & the existing 10 for the remaining accounts? So actually return 2 different results in one cell depending on the account?

Looks like you need to adjust your data model then.

But I'd guess that this is not only a matter of adjusting category descriptions, but also of getting the additional data (Prior Adj) into the measures?

Having a look at the diagramm view of your data model or even access to a sample file would be very helpful here.

Imke

Thursday, July 30, 2015 5:02 PM
    Answerer