Error in VS2013 update 2: Task 'GenerateAppxManifest' failed. Access is denied. _

Question

• Hello everyone,

I have a problem last two days when i try to run my Windows 8 Store app from Visual Studio 2013 update 2.

Something like this has never happend to me before. But two days ago I formatted my whole HDD on my laptop, and installed VS2013 update2, and when I try to debug my app it shows me an error:Task 'GenerateAppxManifest' failed. Access is denied.

I don't know even where to start looking for a solution, because my AppxManifest is the same as it was 5 days ago when i published my app to the Store.

Thank you in advance,
    Ivan
    Friday, May 23, 2014 2:20 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I've tried the solution you've provided me, but unfortunately it didn't work. 
    However, I made a workaround:

I created a new empty Windows Store solution in Visual Studio 2013, and then I added the old files (xamls, CS files, images, etc) into the new solution and it builded normally. 
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try the steps to see whether can solve your problem:

1.Open Package.appxmanifest

2.Goto Packaging tab

3.Open tools->Create GUID->copy the new Package name GUID->Registry format without the angle brackets

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, May 26, 2014 1:49 AM
  • Hello,

I've tried the solution you've provided me, but unfortunately it didn't work. 
    However, I made a workaround:

I created a new empty Windows Store solution in Visual Studio 2013, and then I added the old files (xamls, CS files, images, etc) into the new solution and it builded normally. 
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:15 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for you sharing your answer!

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:28 AM