How to access the image buffer within WinRT after image decoded by APP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am developing a WinRT DLL which is used by a JavaScript APP.

There is one solution that uses WIC to decode the image inside the WinRT DLL. but since WinRT is only allowed to access specific folders, and I don't want to copy the origianl images to those folders, it will cost a lot of disk I/O time.

Is it possible to input the Image buffer to WinRT after decoded by AP, and get the processed image buffer from WinRT to AP?

Is there a sample code for reference? Thank you.

Greg

Monday, October 31, 2011 4:14 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Greg,

The following sample does something similar using pre-built WinRT API within Windows:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Simple-Imaging-Sample-a2dec2b0

That should give you an idea.

Thanks
    Raman, Visual C++ 

• Proposed as answer by Raman Sharma Monday, October 31, 2011 5:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Greg Ma Wednesday, November 2, 2011 12:31 PM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 5:34 AM
  • Hi, Raman

Thanks, now I can get the image buffer by copying PixelDataProvider's data.

Another issue is how to put back the processed image to APP.

Can I wrap the buffer to BitmapFrame or ImageStream? and how?

Thanks,

Greg

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 7:49 AM
  • Hi Greg,

I want to understand why you need to pass the entire image buffer from C++ to JavaScript.  I am trying to see if there can be a less expensive solution for your particular scenario.  What exactly are you trying to do?

Thanks
    Raman 

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 4:44 PM
  • Hi Raman,

My WinRT component is going to do Image Processing, so the pixel values will be changed.

I use the class lang::array as the input to resolve the eralier issue of passing image buffer to WinRT, now my problem is how to wrap the output buffer (In my case, it is a lang::array) to a JavaScript object for Saving or displaying on the screen.

Thanks,

Greg

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:24 AM
  • Have you tried sending back an array from the WinRT side and receiving it on the JS side as an array?

Raman Sharma | Program Manager, Visual C++ | @rasharm_msft

(if my post has answered your question, please consider using the 'mark as answer' feature in the forums to help others)
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:03 AM
  • Have you tried sending back an array from the WinRT side and receiving it on the JS side as an array?

Yes, I can receive an array on JS side, but when I tried to do some further processing,  I can't save it as an image file or just displaying on the screen.

I guess I need to wrap the array to a class like ImageStream or BitmapFrame in the namespace, Windows.Graphics.Imaging.

1. How to wrap the array to a WinRT class since PixelDataProvider only provides the API to get pixel data. Any sample code for reference?

2. Is there another way if warpping array is unnecessary?

BTW, I can show the array by using canas, but I still wish to know how to use it as WinRT class.

Thanks,

Greg

• Edited by Greg Ma Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:14 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:28 PM
  • Hi Greg,

Did you ever get this resolved?

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:06 PM
  • Hi, Jeff,

Yes, I resolved my problem already,

thanks,