none
Purpose of Inbound maps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    i am sending the request and getting the response using webservices SOAP adapter in Biztalk server. Here in this case i am not using any orchestration, i am just configuring a request response receive port and static solicit response port and also i have published my schemas as webservice and basing on that i created the map and used the request map in the receive port inbound stuff and the response map in the sendport inbound stuff. Now my question is instead of using the map in the receive port inbound stuff if i configure the same map in the sendport outbound stuff it will work but i want to know which of the option is better and why is it working like that and regarding performance oriented which is faster
    Monday, July 20, 2009 9:28 AM

Answers

• performance wise there wont be any difference if you execute map in receive port or send port, however if you want to send same message to multiple destinations then if you use this map in receiveport then it wont work for both destinations
    KiranMP
    Monday, July 20, 2009 12:00 PM
  • ok if you have map in receive port then it will be executed after pipeline is executed and send port map will be executed before send pipeline.
    KiranMP
    Monday, July 20, 2009 12:22 PM
  • ok after executing pipeline biztalk will persist the message to messagebox, then it constructs new message by executing inbound map, if you are promoting message1 properties those will be promoted in pipeline.

KiranMP
    Monday, July 20, 2009 1:23 PM

All replies

• performance wise there wont be any difference if you execute map in receive port or send port, however if you want to send same message to multiple destinations then if you use this map in receiveport then it wont work for both destinations
    KiranMP
    Monday, July 20, 2009 12:00 PM
  • Kiran, very much thankful for ur info but i want to know the data how it flows in both the situation as i mentioned(data flow for 1)giving my request map in the receive inbound stuff and response map in the send inbound stuff 2)removing the receive inbound stuff and giving it in the sendport outbound stuff) can u plzz illustrate how it works logically.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 12:16 PM
  • ok if you have map in receive port then it will be executed after pipeline is executed and send port map will be executed before send pipeline.
    KiranMP
    Monday, July 20, 2009 12:22 PM
  • Kiran,
    One last query.

I am using inbound map in the receive port. Msg1 is coming. It will go through xmlreceive pipeline. Now pipeline will promote its properties, after that inbound map triggers for receive port and it will transform msg1 to msg2. This msg2 will be dropped in the messagebox but we have promoted the properties of msg1. What will happen if msg1 and msg2 both are having different namespaces and different root nodes in this situation.

We promoted the properties of msg1 while we r dropping msg2 inthe msgbox. ?

Monday, July 20, 2009 12:57 PM
  • ok after executing pipeline biztalk will persist the message to messagebox, then it constructs new message by executing inbound map, if you are promoting message1 properties those will be promoted in pipeline.

KiranMP
    Monday, July 20, 2009 1:23 PM
  • Kiran,
    Thankyou very much ,
    very valuable information shared with us
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 4:55 AM
  • Hi Tulasiram,

I need some help on the same lines...
    I have a map in my ReceivePort which is from another project, which I have invoked by adding a reference.
    My source for that map is coming from the custom component of the pipeline and the destination schema is again from the other project which I got by referencing the dll.
    I have ensured that the msg instance matches exactly to the source schema instance
    Is this correct ??
    If so, the pity part is... my map is not being invoked though I can see the msg till the last stage in my custom component.

Pls let me know if I have missed out on anything..

Thanks in advance !!
    VJBS
    Friday, December 11, 2009 1:26 PM